GREEN CERTIFIED CLEANINGAn environmentally friendly carpet clean.
Green Leaf Chem-Dry, GREEN Carpet Cleaners
Whether through being disposed of, released into the air, or carried out on your shoes, cleaning agents find their way out into the environment. There are many apparent dangers of releasing chemicals in our air, lakes, streams or forests–so why add them to your carpets? At Green Leaf Chem-Dry, we believe in sustainability and have developed an environmentally friendly solution to carpet cleaning.
Chem-Dry’s flagship cleaning solution, The Natural®, uses natural ingredients and is on the FDA’s G.R.A.S. list; however, our commitment to being Green doesn’t stop there. Our cleaning techniques use 20% of the amount of the water that steam cleaners use, fostering a healthier, Greener home.
Our Green Cleaning Standards
Chem-Dry® is continuously innovating within carpet cleaning industry. Our commitment to sustainability is part of our mission to provide all people with healthier living conditions. We hold ourselves to high standards, which is why we created the Chem-Dry Certified program. This program evaluates a product’s impact on people, pets and the environment. Our standards and guidelines are listed below.
Health, Toxicity & Safety
- Oral Toxicity: products do not include substances considered hazardous when ingested through the mouth
- Dermal Toxicity: products do not include toxic substances that enter through skin contact
- Inhalation Toxicity: products do not distribute harmful pollutants that are breathed in from the atmosphere
- No Carcinogens: products do not include agents that increase the risk of cancer
Protection of Aquatic Life
- High standards for biodegradability and not bioaccumulate. Products must not damage our streams or nature.
Safety for Materials Contacted
- The pH of the solution of the products must be no less than 3 and no greater than 10.
Clean Air Requirements
- The solution must not contain damaging levels of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
Chem-Dry Certified Green Cleaning Products
This list of our products meet the strict requirements of the Chem-Dry Certified program:
- The Natural®
- Stain Extinguisher
- World Famous Spot Remover®
- Upholstery Rinse
- Upholster Wet/Foam Cleaner
- Carpet Deodorizer
- Pet Odor Removal
Green Carpet Cleaning is Better for the Environment
So why does Chem-Dry® care so much about being Green? To keep it simple: less water in your carpets means more in our nation’s reservoirs. Our non-toxic solutions mean that Chem-Dry® is perfect for the safety of children and pets. Chem-Dry® is a great (often, the only) solution for many people with allergies. We believe in doing our part in Washington, and our mission is to help create healthier homes for a better world.
We provide superior residential and commercial carpet, upholstery, and tile cleaning services throughout Pierce County, Washington including Dupont, Steilacoom, Tacoma, Spanaway, Lakewood, Puyallup, and the surrounding areas.
*Based on results of studies conducted by independent laboratories of Chem-Dry's Hot Carbonating Extraction process. Allergens tested were dog and cat dander and dust mite allergen. All bacteria results include use of sanitizer. Figures are an average across multiple homes. Hard surface bacteria tests were based on independent lab testing associated with EPA registration #s 84683-3-74771 and 70385-6; sealed stone and VCT surfaces were evaluated and bacteria tested include salmonella, influenza and E. coli.